I have finally come to terms with the fact that my purse is not returning to me. Accepting this has changed my mood completely! I was excited to start class last Tuesday and create some routine in my day. I have a Spanish composition class Monday-Thursday from 9:45-12pm. I am also taking a class in English about Flamenco and a class in Spanish that explores Spanish history through cinema. I have been very happy with my professors and it looks like I will have a pretty light work load this semester. Best of all, no class on Fridays!
Some observations after a week in Spain:
- The Travel Channel was not exaggerating when it said that dinner is eaten around 9:30pm
- Wine is cheaper than water
- Madrileños have great escalator etiquette
- People meet up at the main squares instead of having guests over
- Madrid is much more hilly than I expected it to be
- Baguettes are the way to go! They are super cheap. It is not uncommon to see people walking around while munching on a baguette.