Once the calendar flips to June, it is officially summer in my mind. So far, it hasn’t quite felt like summer with this undesirable weather and my lack of days off. For the 10 millionth time, I am going to express how excited I am to be in Chicago for the summer. I spend a solid amount of time each week looking into what events are taking place during the upcoming week (I have a huge fear of missing out). So, I thought why not share my findings! Sorry in advance to those of you not residing in Chicago… Check out the best of Chicago from my picks of what to do, eat, and buy each week!
What to Do:
- Watch the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup TONIGHT! If you’re headed to the bars, make sure to arrive at least an hour early to get a seat. Let’s go Hawks!
- Chicago Ale Fest — June 19-20 // Grant Park
- Oakley Festa Pasta Vino — June 19-20 // Little Village
- Windy City LakeShake — June 19-20 // Northerly Island
- Gold Coast Art Festival — June 20-21 // Gold Coast
- Chicago Pride Fest — 20-21 // Boystown
Where to Eat:
- Revival in Rogers Park — I had brunch at Revival a couple weeks ago with a few friends and was impressed by the cozy decor and quality food. It was a nice change from the sugar-packed cinnamon rolls at Ann Sather.
- Specialty’s Café and Bakery — There was a box of Specialty’s cookies at my internship the other day. My favorite was the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. All that cookie needed was a little Nutella to be the best cookie on Earth. Donuts better watch out, there’s a new sweet in town!
What to Buy:
- See this week’s Where to Eat section 😉